argus with sasl2 installation

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Mar 21 12:28:39 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 11:57:55AM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> I'm using the cmu sasl that comes standard with Fedora 6, and our
> aclocal.m4 is using macros from cmu's cyrus-imapd, so they should be
> legit.  argus doesn't actually use prop_get(), but testing for it  in
> the
> sasl library seems to be a specific test for sasl2, and we definately
> have to find sasl2 now.   Doing a strings on /usr/lib/libsasl2.a does
> have prop_get.
>
>    strings /usr/lib/*sasl2* | fgrep prop_get
>
> if you find prop_get in your library, then I may need to fix something
> in the aclocal.m4, so it can find it!!!!
>

> Carter

	It is in there (although an nm on the library doesn't find it), I
expect the problem is library path. Ports puts sasl in /usr/local/lib and I
expect that isn't in the library path when it tries to compile the program
that tests for prop_get. For FreeBSD it would be good to include the
/usr/local/ path in the default search path because ports tends to put
everything in /usr/local/* (include, lib etc.)

test5# strings /usr/local/lib/*sasl2* | fgrep prop_get
prop_get
prop_getnames
sasl_auxprop_getctx
prop_get