rc41 and sasl

Michael Hornung hornung at cac.washington.edu
Tue Mar 13 12:25:23 EDT 2007

I've noticed that SASL support is hard to build in by default.  On a FC6
x86 Linux box I have the following installed:

cyrus-sasl-lib-2.1.22-4
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-4
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.22-4
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.22-4

and they put headers in /usr/include/sasl/ and the library is
libsasl2.a.  The rc41 client and server configuration does not allow one
to specify "/usr/include/sasl/" as the includedir since it appends
"include" to whatever you supply with "--with-sasl".  And the test for
libsasl does not look for -lsasl2!

Similar for OpenBSD 4.0 with the cyrus-sasl-2.1.21p2 package installed.
The library is libsasl2 (whereas building argus looks for libsasl) and the
includes are in include/sasl/.

I could probably tweak the build process, but if cyrus-sasl popularly uses
this naming scheme, perhaps the build scripts should check for those files
from the get-go?

-Mike