new code on the server rc.40

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Mar 9 18:33:23 EST 2007

Done.  We define strtof() if its not there now ( we did this in the
clients,
and when I shifted the clients compiler to argus, I forgot to shift
strtof() with it ).  strtod() is not really appropriate, as we are
intentionally
using a float, not a double here,  and I never have liked how some
machines convert between the two on assignments, especially
64-bit machines.  Maybe not an issue, but once burned .....

Carter