Rmon and output to database (e.g. mysql format)

carter at qosient.com carter at qosient.com
Wed Jun 6 06:54:58 EDT 2007

Hey Robert,
Thanks for the kind words.  So I briefly looked into Crystal Reports a long time ago, and didn't see an obvious way to hook into there way of doing things.  Would MySQL tables be the easiest?  What about XML?  It should be ready in a few weeks!!!

When we talk about MySQL support, its a general strategy for indexing massive amounts of argus data and a method for tools to insert argus data (you specify the key, attributes and optionally a binary "blob" that is the actual argus record), and for tools like ratop() to read data directly from dynamically updated MySQL tables, if the "blob" is in the schema.  The thing is there has been little discussion on the list about this.  Would you have specific features that you would want to have in such a beast to support Crystal Reports?

QoSient LLC
150 E. 57th Street Suite 12D
New York, New York 10022
+1 212 588-9133 Phone