rc.35 - ArgusGetIndicatorString() still incomplete

Philipp E. Letschert phil at uni-koblenz.de
Thu Jan 4 14:57:55 EST 2007

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 02:52:44PM -0500, Carter Bullard wrote:
> OK, so I implemented this list, and I'll update the ra.1 man page for
> it.
> Moved some columns around so that the important stuff (encaps,
> icmp,loss,
> flow control) are more on the left.
>
> See any problems, holler.
> Carter
>
> /*
>     01234567
>     T        -  Time Corrected/Adjusted
>      M       -  Multiple layer 2 paths
>      m       -  MPLS encapsulated flow
>      p       -  PPP over Enternet encapsulated flow
>      v       -  VLAN encapsulations/tags
>      G       -  GRE enscapsulation
>       I      -  ICMP events mapped to this flow
>       U      -  ICMP Unreachable event mapped to this flow
>       R      -  ICMP Redirect event mapped to this flow
>       T      -  ICMP Time Exceeded mapped to this flow
>        *     -  Both Src and Dst loss/retransmission
>        s     -  Src loss/retransmissions
>        d     -  Dst loss/retransmissions
>        &     -  Both Src and Dst packet out of order
>        i     -  Src packets out of order
>        r     -  Dst packets out of order
>         @    -  Both Src and Dst Window Closure
>         S    -  Src TCP Window Closure
>         D    -  Dst TCP Window Closure
>          E   -  Both Src and Dst ECN
>          x   -  Src Explicit Congestion Notification
>          t   -  Dst ECN
>           V  -  Fragment overlap seen
>           f  -  Partial Fragment
>           F  -  Fragments seen
>            O  -  multiple IP options set
>            S  -  IP option Strict Source Route
>            L  -  IP option Loose Source Route
>            T  -  IP option Time Stamp
>            +  -  IP option Security
>            R  -  IP option Record Route
>            A  -  IP option Router Alert
>            U  -  unknown IP options set
> */

Hey Carter,

the changes did not go to rc36 completely
current outline is:

01234567
   *
   &
    @
       +

- MpG missing in 1
- IURT should move from 4 to 2
- Ext should move from 6 to 5

Another issue is a slight inconsistancy in the number of units of
precision for some fields:

field       units of precision
load        3
sload       3
dload       3
ploss       4
sploss      4
dploss      4
rate        3
srate       6
drate       6
sintpkt     2
dintpkt     2
sjit        6
djit        2
tcprtt      6

At least sjit and djit should be the same...

btw. I like the idea of game performance measurement very much, but its
probably hard to find people which have both a Xbox/PS3 and an Argus router
(i'm lacking the first one...)
PC games like World of Warcraft or Second Life could be a nice targets as well,
since network performance is definitely a big issue for theese two.

Cheers, Phil