new code on the server rc.40

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Feb 26 20:53:27 EST 2007

Gentle people,
We're headed down the home stretch, so to speak.  This fixes most, if
not all, the issues
that have been raised on the mailing list.  There is still a lot to
be done, in terms of
documentation, but if we can get to a code freeze in the next few
days, then I think
we'll be ready to release.

Doesn't have to be perfect, but we do want it to work.

In this set we have a huge number of changes, many for Solaris porting,
64-bit architectures, compiler fixes, argus() doing the right thing
when the interfaces
are down, or go down, when argus is starting/running.  Fixes for
radium(), and
additions of new software to the clients list.

ra() is now doing the xml thing, using the "-M xml" option (this is
not documented,
and I'll keep it quiet until it is working well.  we'll need to
redefine the xsd's, etc
for the new fields, etc....). ra() will give you the flexibility to
specify what fields you
want in xml, and as such we need to restructure the xml data set.

ranonymize() is pretty much ready to go.  very complex anonymization
rules
supported, extended from argus-2.x.

Addition of rahosts.pl and raports.pl.  No documentation yet, but
that is coming.
Please send comments to the list, if you are so inclined.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!