(no subject)

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 13 15:48:29 EST 2007

Carter Bullard wrote:

> For argus-3.0, the .rarc configuration file for ra* programs, allows you
> to set theTZ environment variable to change the timezone, if you think
> you
> need to, or would like to.  Check out the ./support/Config/rarc example
> file for how to use this function.

this would be useful to have exposed on the command line.   Normally I
want time in local time (NZ{S|D}T) but from time to time I need stuff
for sending else where and I will print the data in UTC.  I do this by
changing the TZ setting for the terminal session.  (I have also been
known to send logs in the recipients local timezone when I have known it ;).

Do we have any flags left. I guess if I suggest that we go to multi
character command line options I'll have to volunteer to rewrite the
parser ;)

Russell.