Weird behaviour from argus

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 15 17:42:55 EDT 2007

I have some weird problems, this (or something very similar) is
happening on two sensors.  When I run ra on a file (any file) I get back
just two records and then get the error:

 ra[20871]: 09:18:05.640627 ArgusReadStreamSocket (0xb740d954) record
length is zero

either on the console or (as in this case) in syslog.

In both cases I am running argus-3.0.0 as the server and the RC46 and
RC39 clients.

Luckily (or was it good planning ;) I have other sensors on the path of
the traffic I was tracking and this on is working fine.

I admit not paying much attention to the list traffic recently so my
apologies if this has come up and I missed it.

Carter: I can upload one of these files to the ftp server if you want to
do diagnostics.

OH yes! the platform is FC6.

Russell.