Rahisto

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Apr 16 23:49:13 EDT 2007

%f is a floating point number.
u is microSeconds
m is milliSeconds
s is seconds
M is minutes
H is hours
D is days

It is impossible to know what a good bin size should be.  I suspect
that it is some number
that will cover the values in the population of samples.

Say if you are interested in DNS response times, then I suspect that
the (bin size * total bins)
should be around 0.5 seconds (at least for some DNS servers).

    -H 100:0-0.5s

For arp response times it should be no bigger than 10 milliseconds?

    -H 250:0-10m

For HTTP transaction durations somewhere in the seconds should cover
most of them, etc ....

    -H 200:0-5s

who knows, its really up to the data, really!!!!

Carter