chroot issues

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Sep 25 22:44:06 EDT 2006

Gentle people,
OK, so if we can get consensus on this we'll have a solution sooner
than later.

Can we assume that if argus reads packet files, that they will be
outside the
chroot'd directory structure?  I'm hoping that I can treat packet
files and interfaces
the same, so we open them before the chroot().  Because you have to
be root to
chroot(), we won't do the setuid, or setgid until after we do the
chroot().

Is this reasonable, or do we need to force the input files to be in
the chroot'd
directory?

Carter