argus in chroot, privilege seperation/revocation

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Sep 20 01:24:31 EDT 2006

Hey Andreas,
So I have a few issues/questions regarding your patch.  No problem,
just need to find the right approach.  When the "-C dir" option is used,
along with  the "-w outputfile" option, how do we ensure that we
chroot before we process the output file option, which causes us
to create the file.  Same with your "-u user" or "-g group" option,
since these could affect whether the output file can be created or not.

Can I use the "-u user" option without using the "-g group" option?

Carter