argusbug install

morfoh morfoh at opensde.org
Sun Oct 15 14:15:21 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

due to my process of updating/packaging argus and argus-clients to
the rc32 our buildkit (OpenSDE - Open System Development Environment)
has encountered a minor file duplication problem.
argus as well as argus-clients are trying to install argusbug. Of
course we can't tolerate 2 independent packages installing the same
file, so I patched argus-clients Makefile.in to check if argusbug is
already installed. The patch is attached to this mail!
Anyway, I don't know how usefull this little shell script is, but I'd
propose a configure option --enable-argusbug to explicitely enabling it.
I think there is no reason to install scripts like that on a production
machine.

Btw, I can report that argus and argus-clients are cross-compileable
out-of-the-box without any patching.
Many thanks to the argus developers! :)

Cheers,
--Chris