Useful ragraph usage

Jim O'Gorman jogorman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 12:55:32 EST 2006

Sorry about the delay in a reply - brief vacation.

What you describe sounds very interesting, and would be a great help in my
situation.

Currently I am producing a series of graphs every 5 mins that cover the last
hour of use, and every hours that covers the last 24 hours of use. This is
working just fine for me at this point.

I have tried to produce the same graphs covering a weeks worth of use, but
it sucks down all my RAM, then the process dies, and thats that. Being able
to just feed the an rrd then pull the graphs from that should allow me to
generate graphs for a much longer range of time then I currently am able to.

To give you an idea of the graphs I am pulling, I have a general usage
graph, then separate graphs for the local lan being src or dst. I have a
couple others that I produce based on which remote network is being spoken
too, and a couple more that have to do with special services that I want to
track the usage of.

Thanks again for this addition! It is great to have the ablity to graph and
these random data sets that I am pulling.

Thanks
Jim

--
Jim