argus-eye GUI

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Nov 5 20:39:29 EST 2006

Tom Briglia wrote:
> You might also want to check out the GUI Visualization tools put out by the
> SIFT project for they are based on Argus:
>
> http://www.projects.ncassr.org/sift/
>
> Rather than re-invent the wheel it would be nice to help figure out how to
> patch the SIFT tools (or Argus) so that they can utilize Argus 3.x as
> opposed to being stuck on 2.0.5.

Unfortunately the SIFT tools are not open source so there isn't anything
that can be done about upgrading them to work with argus 3.0 :(   The
fact that they still only support 2.0.5 suggests that the project is
dormant (it took me about half an hour to convert my scripts to cope
with 2.0.6 --- I cant see that it is a big deal).    In their current
state these are a dead end.

This is one reason why I (generally) stay away from free closed source
software, if the original author (or in this case team of grad students)
lmove on you are stuck.

Anyway I've dropped the project manager a note asking if they will
release the source to me so I can look at patching it.

Cheers, Russell