argus client default timestamp format

Eric Pancer eric-list-argus at catastrophe.net
Mon Jun 19 12:49:09 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 12:39:30 -0400, Carter Bullard wrote...

> So the time format is an option, since you set the format in your
> .rarc file, but not on the command line (we're already using so many
> letters, just not enough options available).  Tthe only
> question is what should the default string be?   Are we happy
> with "%T" (this is the format specified by the routine strftime()),
> or do we want the date?

Hi Carter -

Could you follow what tcpdump does?

"
     -t        Do not print a timestamp on each dump line.

     -tt       Print an unformatted timestamp on each dump line.

     -ttt      Print day and month in timestamp.

     -tttt     Print timestamp difference between packets.

     -ttttt    Print timestamp difference since the first packet.
"