argus-3.0.0 available on the ftp server

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Jun 7 13:17:59 EDT 2006

Gentle people,
     I did get some time to go through the code, and as a result
I've deposited argus-3.0.0.rc.1 and argus-clients-3.0.0.rc.1 in
ftp://ftp.qosient.com/dev/argus-3.0.

    What needs to be done?   We need to just do the basics,
install, run, validate the basics, and run through the
man pages to see what needs to updated, corrected, whatever.
The supporting files should be up to date, such as configurations,
etc, but argus-3.0 is not compatible with argus-2.0, so you will
have to change some things to get it going.

    Hopefully we can capture the changes and what needs to
be done to get things going.

    argus-3.0.0 should compile fine on all platforms, but I am
having some trouble with CYGWIN, so lets get to the CYGWIN
port in a couple of weeks.   If anyone wants to wade through
it, I can assist.

    Also, the sasl code needs to be redone, as I think it is broken.

    ragraph() should work, although the rrd_tools effort may
have broken some of the label formatting directives that I
got into earlier versions of rrd_tool.   If someone could do
some graphing that would be great!!!!!

Thanks for all the support and patience, and I hope that this
software is useful for you.