create monthly overview

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Jun 6 22:59:19 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 02:52:27PM +0200, Robin Gruyters wrote:
> Hi ya,
>
> I'm looking for a way to generate a monthly overview which contains
> total bytes per protocol of each (sub)net range. (ragator, rmon,
> rsort, ... ?!)
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

	Two part answer :-), if you are comfortable in perl my perl scripts
at ftp.sfu.ca /pub/unix/argus/argus.traffic.perl.tar.gz can be modified to
do this (at present they only accumulate traffic totals by selected IPs on
a monthly basis but the tools for extracting subnets are there too).

> I'm also looking for a site which has collected all the "latest"
> patches for argus version 2.0.6.

	I'm slowly working on this as time permits. I made the mistake of
putting argus on my VLANed backbone and found a bug or two in RARP processing
and some pcap related problems that break the latest Linux ring buffer code
that I'm poking at (the ra side or rarp is fixed, but there looks to be a
problem in the server code too and that isn't, and pcap is still a mystery
although it looks to be header file related).