Collecting Cisco Netflow Data

eric eric-list-argus at catastrophe.net
Thu Feb 23 12:34:38 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 11:22:38 -0500, Carter Bullard proclaimed...

> Hey Eric,
>   Depending on the verion, you can collect netflow as argus records, using
>   ra() and the -C option (c indicates you expect cisco, the -P port should
>   be the port that the router is transmitting to).  But the OSU flow-tools
>   also do a good job.  If you try the ra() route and you have problems,
>   give a holler.

Hey Carter,

Pretty much I fall down here...

$ ra -C -P 2003
ArgusError: ra[11230]: parse error

ArgusError: ra[6785]: ra: 2003 error

$

Is this a flow version problem? I'm checking with our guys to see what
version of netflow data is being exported from the router, but haven't heard
back yet.

Thanks.

- Eric