Argus Database.

Chris Keladis chris at cmc.optus.net.au
Sat Mar 12 01:07:05 EST 2005

Hi all,

I know this topic has come up before, but i was wondering how work was
going in adding database support for Argus output?

I've played around with raxml and managed to use a python script to
create a MySQL schema from the XML DTD (although it is very inefficient,
it's got the basic structure).

I was thinking about performance with database output and have been
thinking it might be best to use the same method Snort (IDS) uses to
support high-speed monitoring, with database output.

Snort employs a high-speed outfile format called unified output, which
is read by a post-processor, and using checkpoints, writes the data into
the RDBMS, leaving Snort free to handle the task of performing IDS.

Perhaps a similar tool would be useful with Argus?

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Chris.