ArgusRecord.xsd Bug?

Chris Keladis chris at cmc.optus.net.au
Sat Mar 5 22:32:55 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to work with an XML representation of Argus flow data and am
having trouble getting the XSD file to validate correctly.

I'm using Xalan & Xerces-C++ to validate the XSD
(http://qosient.com/argus/Xml/ArgusRecord.xsd)

The error spat out by Xalan is:

Error Occurred at file http://qosient.com/argus/Xml/ArgusRecord.xsd ,
line 214 , column {null}.Value 'Net Unkn' does not match regular
expression facet '\c+'
SAXParseException: Value 'Net Unkn' does not match regular expression
facet '\c+' (http://qosient.com/argus/Xml/ArgusRecord.xsd, line 214,
column 44)

Some poking about i know where the problem is, i'm not sure about the
fix however.

A bit before line 214 of ArgusRecord.xsd, we have "<xsd:restriction base
= "xsd:NMTOKEN">" for the ICMP codes.

A Google search on NMTOKEN turned up this:

http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/ch17-77146.html

Which says:

-------
Example

Valid values include "Snoopy", "CMS", "1950-10-04", or "0836217462".

Invalid values include "brought classical music to the Peanuts strip"
(spaces are forbidden) or "bold,brash" (commas are forbidden).
-------

And sure enough, "Net Unkn" is the first value that contains a space and
is the one it's failing on currently.

Does anyone have any idea what needs to be added to the XSD to fix the
problem?

Thanks,

Chris.