need help in compilation

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 10 15:55:19 EDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 03:00:57AM +1000, Abdun Mahmood wrote:
> checking for local pcap library... no
> checking for main in -lpcap... no
> checking for local wpcap library... no
> checking for main in -lwpcap... no
> configure: error: cannot find packet capture library
> ./configure: exit: bad non-numeric arg `see'
> ./configure: exit: bad non-numeric arg `see'
>
> I have compiled libpcap but its not installed globally. Do I need
> anything else as well?
> How can I specify libpcap directory somewhere in Makefile.in ?

	If you put libpcap in the same directory that your argus source is it
configure should find and use it. One or another system (or perhaps libpcap
version) has changed the location of the files as well. A symlink to the
correct place works. A quick check of previous mail didn't find the reference
to be more precise :-).