Multiple argus sensors

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Jan 24 12:10:13 EST 2005

Hey John,
   you can have up to 5 remote connections for any ra* program, just
specify multiple -S options or put multiple servers in the
.rarc file that you use for your client startup.

   There are 2 fundamental problems.  Keeping the sources straight,
so having good source id's for your probes is important, and time
synchronization, so that the probes are in the same ball park in
time.

   All the ra* programs can filter based on srcid, so as long as
you have good probe id's (different/consistent/same type), then
you can separate the data as it comes in by probe.

   The time thing is important to finding records to compare and
using programs like rasort() can be used to open files from
different probes and interleaving the records so you
can make comparisons.

   Keep the list up on anything that you run into, if you could
please!!!!!

Carter