Multiple argus sensors

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Jan 21 12:30:11 EST 2005

	I'm running multiple sensors but they are on disjoint networks. For a
while (but not right now) I had a sensor on our backbone link (seeing some
of the same traffic as our off campus link modulo switching) but used separate
ra / archives for each sensor.  That is also what happens on the disjoint
sensors. Two of my sensors / archivers share the same machines (sensors writing
to ports 560 and 561 on the sensor, 2 copies of ra archiving via my modified
argusarchive script to two different archive directories and transferring via
scp to a third backup box for redundancy in the face of a disk failure).
I suspect this is a better plan than mixing more than on connection in a single
archive, since you have the option as traffic grows to move to expand the number
of boxes the traffic is spread across just by moving the archive files and ra
instance to a new box. Disk space should be about the same I expect.