crash on sun solaris 9

hans argus at ma.yer.at
Wed Feb 9 00:05:02 EST 2005

hi Michael

yes, this is a 64-bit server ( ultra sparc IIIi - sun v240 )
but i know only few programms need special 64-bit compilation.
there are "top", "lsof" , an other is a scsi-bus analyser.
but 99.9999 % of 32-bit programms run on 64-bit sparcs.
also did compile rasort and the others on this server
no remote-copy from other plattforms.
i did compile with gcc version 2.95.3 - therefore it is only 32 bit.

let's say, rasort is one of the type of simple programms.
it does some read from filedescriptors, some calculation
and writing to filedescriptors.  ( what i mean with simple )
it does not load/use any modules, does not cummunicate via tcp or udp,
does not generate any X11 screens, does not have a lot of dependencies
of different libraries and versions.

i will try to compile with gcc 3 in 32-bit mode, maybe this
brings the solution. option -g produce only debugging information
this should not modify the behaviour of a programm.

best regards
hans