crash on sun solaris 9

Michael Sanderson sanders at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Feb 4 20:59:52 EST 2005

Michael Sanderson wrote:
> Carter Bullard wrote:
>
>> Hey Hans,
>>    More than likely your sorting a large file?  We are having problems
>> recovering when we run out of memory.
>>

> Hans, this might be a 64-bit issue.  My recollection is that I had to
> force 32-bit compilation to get the ra client code to run on Solaris.
> Can't find the config information for it right now though.

Seems that I wasn't completely right about this.  I tried the ragator
that I had built and found that it seg faulted as well, though ra and
some others worked fine.

Using gcc 3.2, I have a working ragator using the following CCOPT in the
Makefiles:

CCOPT = -g -mcpu=v9 -m32

The original had -O2 and that appears to generate a problem on line 834
of common/argus_client.c, though I haven't clue why.  With -O2 it
doesn't work with or without -g.

       Michael Sanderson