oddities with ramon

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Tue Apr 5 00:09:43 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Very new to both Argus and the list.

I've read through quite a bit of the list archives, the manuals, etc.
and cannot find the answer to what I'm looking for.

I'm running Argus on one of my Internet facing links and using
argusarchive create hourly gzip'd archives in
/dump/argus/YEAR/MONTH/DAY/FILENAME

If I run the command:
ramon -M TopN -N 10 -nnnr /dump/argus/argus.out

then I get a list of 10 entries back

However if I try this on one of the archived files, I get what seems to
be all of the records in that file returned.

Since ramon seems to have no trouble reading the gz archive I'm hoping
someone can shed some light on this matter.

Also, I feel like I'm barely touching the tip of the iceberg with my use
of Argus. Are there any good write-ups of what others are doing?

Thanks,
Harry