[ARGUS] cleanup pcap vs bpf, add clients RPM

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Sep 30 12:02:16 EDT 2004

Hey Mike,
Many of the include file changes you are suggesting refer to
includes that are more historical than anything else, and apply to
older versions of os's like irix, hp and solaris, and of course
several older versions of linux.  I have no idea if your
suggested changes will break anything, and I don't have access
to all the machines that will need to be tested to assure that
we're not breaking something.

So, should we change any of these things?  I'm not sure.  Are we
changing them because there is a real issue with these references
or is it just janitorial?

OK, we had the /usr argument years ago, and that was shot down,
so I don't see bringing that up again. I can add the rpm spec
file but without the /usr change?

I can see making sure that any major version number change
that we make has these changes in it.  So if you could break
out your patch so that at least one of them doesn't remove
anything then I can make your recommended changes.

Opinions?

Carter