[ARGUS] updated debian packages

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Sun Sep 26 23:12:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 09:58:19AM -0400, John Nagro wrote:
> i just recently installed the updated debian packages, which were
> supposed to contain fixes...  2.0.6.fixes.1-1... but as it turns out i
> still had to apply the patch to ragprah (mentioned here on the list)
> to get it to work prorperly (without the unparsable time errors,
> etc)... just FYI

I guess the million dollar question is: were said ragraph fixes shipped in
2.0.6.fixes.1 ?

Not according to the upstream changelog it seems.

I personally dislike making the Debian package of software different from
the upstream (I'd like to think the Argus prepackaged for Debian is going to
walk and talk the same way as Argus prepackaged on other distros, but that's
obviously totally beyond my control), so I'd be hesistant to start throwing
random packages into the Debian package of argus-client, with the preference
that Carter makes a release that contains the fix(es) instead.

(wow, long sentence)

regards

Andrew

--