[ARGUS] Best Hardware

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Wed Oct 13 21:36:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 08:36:31AM +1000, Steve McInerney wrote:

> From previous comments (Carter's and Peter Van Epp's???), I understand
> that Mac platforms make excellent argus capture boxen. Something about
> the endian being the right way, from memory. That discussion should be
> in the archives in the last 12 months or so.

Something about the architecture being in network byte order, so you don't
have to go swapping everything around. The PowerPC is supposed to be pretty
whiz bang at the best of times. I can't remember about SPARC, isn't it lousy
at one of floating point or integer maths? (I think it's floating point).
What sort of math does Argus do?

regards

Andrew