[ARGUS] RE:

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu May 13 16:03:49 EDT 2004

Hey Glen,
No, even argus will generate only one record for the
complete bi-directional conversation, assuming that
it's a pretty normal http request.

    192.168.0.100.35067 -> www.goole.com.80

if you're getting (192.168.55, 80), are you sure
that this host isn't acting as a web server for someone?

if you think that ramon is giving you erroneous data,
try to find out if the original argus data doesn't
explain the output.

use ra to find a record that has this address,port pair
as a part of the data:

   ra -r file - \(src host 192.168.0.100 and src port 80\) or
                \(dst host 192.168.0.100 and dst port 80\)

that should find something if ramon is reporting the address
and that port as a pair.

Carter