[ARGUS] argus-2.0.6 released!!!

eric-list-argus at catastrophe.net eric-list-argus at catastrophe.net
Fri May 7 04:54:33 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 09:09:03 -0400, Carter Bullard proclaimed...

>    The only reason I used non RFC2606 domain names
> was so I could fit the ascii output of the example
> record in 80 characters (historical man page limitation).
> I would rather use IP addrs instead of names, (but they
> are longer than what I used in some of the examples),
> just so there is no confusion, advertising, or suggestions
> of any kind, whatever they might be.  Can we decide on,
> 1.2.3.4 or x.y.z.w like names?

Ah, well that makes sense.

What about just using 10.1.1.1? That's only 1 character longer than
x.x.x.x; sometimes I've noticed people can't figure out what x.y.z.w
means, and/or will actually try and use 1.2.3.4 in their use of the
application.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with either of these actions
either.

- Eric