[ARGUS] log file roll-over

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Jun 23 15:17:00 EDT 2004

	Looks to be a bad assumption on my part. In the distribution in
the support/Archive there is a shell script called argusarchive. It is intended
to be run from cron and every hour (or less if necessary) renames the
argus.out file (which causes argus to start writing a new log file) and then
compresses and stores the current argus.out file in a standard archive
directory. The README file in the support directory will tell you about what
all the various things in there do.
	In order to swap logs on a size basis you would need to write a script
that checks the file size and when it is too big renames argus.out to
something else to cause the logfile switch then compress and archive the
data file as required.