MacOS Experiences

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Jan 28 12:37:46 EST 2004

Hey Eric,
   I'm getting better performance using G5's than Xeon's
primarily due to the little endian issues on Intel machines.
Based on the traffic mix, as much as 3x performance.
I've never seen a Mac under perform a comparable Intel
box as an Argus probe, and I have seen it out perform
on a regular basis.

Carter