another newbie question {Scanned by HJMS}

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jan 27 18:37:29 EST 2004

Hey Trever,
   When it comes to writing effective filter expression,
either they work or they don't.  ra*() programs do NOT
use the BPF language that tcpdump uses, so the tcpdump
man page is not going to be helpful.  The ra() man page
maybe though.

   I don't think your masks are going to work, but if
you are getting the results you're looking for, then
that is great.  If you're not getting the results you're
looking for, then changing the masks may work.  But if
that eventually fails, then we can change the tools,
if that is necessary.

Carter