ramon problem with argus-2.0.6.rc2

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Feb 25 17:19:46 EST 2004

Hey Dietmar,
   I completely agree that having a single version
of whatever is really important.  The Debian effort,
I believe, does break it out as argus-server and
argus-clients, and I like the idea that the client
packages are independent.   But I'm a little concerned
that if we do a strict split, then the argus-server
package would not be usable out of the box.  This is
not a show stopper, per se.

   Let me think about whether I can split it out
by the end of the week.  If anyone has any strong
opinions, either for or against a complete server/
client split, it would be great to get all the issues
on the table.

   Outside of this issue argus-2.0.6 is ready to go,
so lets not ponder the issue to long.

Carter