[ARGUS] argus-2.0.6.fixes.1/FreeBSD-4.10 <=> argus-clients-2.0.6.fixes.1/FC2

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Aug 12 20:53:51 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 09:56:38PM -0700, Joe Christy wrote:
> Thanks to all who have responded seriously, both on the list and off, to
> my earlier postings. I've now devoted another 8 hours to hammering on
> (non-)interoperability and temporarily run out of ideas.

<snip>

	Is the Linix machine an AMD opteron running in 64 bit mode by chance?
In that case this is a feature not a bug :-) argus is known to not be 64 bit
clean at present that is to be addresses in 2.0.7. I got an account on a
Fedora core 2 here, but it is an Opteron and it indeed doesn't run at all
trying to read from FreeBSD and I suspect thats why.
	If that is the case you might try compiling on a 32 bit Fedora core 2
machine and move the binaries. It is believed that they will run in
"compatability mode" by the owner of the machine.