[ARGUS] Another Core Dump

eric eric-list-argus at catastrophe.net
Wed Apr 14 10:45:39 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 10:42:41 -0400, Carter Bullard proclaimed...

> Hey Eric,
>    Hmmmm, segmentation fault, so the assumption is that the
> asock pointer is corrupt?  If you're still in the gdb, do this:
>
> (gdb) print *asock
>
> to see what is going on.  It maybe that the segmentation fault
> is occurring at the line before.  If we can figure out which
> area of memory is foobar, then we can fix it pronto.

Hi Carter,

Here's the results.

(gdb) print *asock
Cannot access memory at address 0x8181000.

I have yet to see argus crash when running out of gdb (it's been
doing so for about 7 hours now) and when it dies off, I'll send the
details.

- Eric