Invalid ra.conf directives with argus-clients-2.0.6.beta.46

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Wed Sep 3 21:12:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 09:07:29PM -0400, Carter Bullard wrote:
> Hey Andrew,
>    These are obsolete in the argus-clients distribution as
> all ra* programs specify which fields to print in a simpler
> fashion.  I'll remove the references in the sample rarc
> file and the man page.
>
>    Should I put back the ability to tolerate the directives,
> but not do anything, or should we force all users to
> remove the variables from their rarc files?

Perhaps make a bit more noise about their obsolescence for a bit and then
drop all support for them, in the meantime, parse them, spit out a
warning, rather than falling over, and ignore them.

That's my 5c worth. I'll be sure to distribute an updated version of
/etc/ra.conf in the next spin of the Debian package that I release.

regards

Andrew