ramon -M HostP

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Tue Sep 2 03:28:20 EDT 2003

Hi Carter,

Hope you had a nice vacation.

I've only just gotten around to playing with the ramon -M HostP option you
put in (and I'm currently playing with 2.0.6.beta.41 on this particular
box).

I think you've interpretted "protocol" as "ip protocol" whereas I've been
meaning "TCP or UDP protocol", so I'm getting a lovely breakdown that
shows mostly TCP traffic. I'm interested in working out how much of the
traffic total generated from running an "ramon -M TopN | racount" type
thing is HTTP, SMTP etc etc.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on this in the first place, or am I just driving
this new option wrong?

regards

Andrew