Last Call re: argus-server: argus interface monitoring confusion

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue May 20 18:28:57 EDT 2003

Hey Richard,
   Well I'm all for only one command line
configuration file.  If there is a "-F" option,
we don't read /etc/argus.conf, and anything
on the command line is set last, in left to right
order, after the "-F" option is processed.
Additive command line for -i and -w options,
and they reset any existing interface or output
file specifications.  Right now we only support
one -r source packet file, and I'd like to keep
it that way.

  This seems very simple, and digestible.

Ok group, last call on this.  Is this a reasonable
solution?  I've implemented most of it already,
so if we're close, then I can zip up the patient
and post the code, maybe tomorrow?

Carter