Repository of argus clients

dave capella dave.capella at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 20 19:22:28 EDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Mitesh P Choksi wrote:

>I would like to hand over this task of digging into the data and make it
>available for my brother who does not know linux.
>
>I wanted to know if there are set of scripts/cgi/client software available
>for web based interface to dig in information from argus and graphically
>representing it.
>
>I don't know perl so am not capable of writing the scripts on my own.

Hi,

Don't know how useful this'll be but...

I built some tools to allow me to monitor the traffic through the
firewall on the local LAN from the dept. web site. I netcat the
data from the firewall to the web server, and use argus to process
it, generate reports, and then graph some of the output.

This is done with shell, perl, and php scripts. There isn't much
documentation for the system, except the source code itself 'cos
it was a quick hack for my own use. That said, all the pieces
are available here:

http://www.bscb.cornell.edu/computer/doc/argus.scripts/

Hope this helps,
...dave