Log "tear-off" mechanism

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jun 17 09:04:25 EDT 2003

Hey John,
   Argus calls stat() on the output filename before writing
any record.  stat() will indicate if the file has been
renamed, and if it has, argus will recreate it, and write
an argus data file header into the file and then proceed
to write out the new record.

   Because this is data driven, and argus could be idle for
quite a while, based on traffic on the wire/interface,
the upper bound on how long the file could be missing is
the ARGUS_MAR_STATUS_INTERVAL.

Carter