Monitoring two interfaces

Andrew Pollock andrew-argus at andrew.net.au
Thu Sep 5 01:49:00 EDT 2002

Hi,

The comments in the config file for Argus say that it can monitor up to two
interfaces. I'm unsure of if you specify the two interfaces on one
ARGUS_INTERFACE line, or specify two ARGUS_INTERFACE lines.

I've tried the latter and Argus runs, but spits out a bunch of numbers as it
starts (1 6 0 0 96). Not sure if this means anything in particular.

I'm still trying to determine if I've set up my span ports correctly, so I'm
not sure if Argus is actually sucessfully monitoring both interfaces or not.

Side question, can Argus handle packets with VLAN tagging in them?

Andrew