new ranonymize() tool

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Oct 14 15:15:10 EDT 2002

Hey Peter,
   The new ranonymize() by default subtracts a separate
random constant from the seconds and uSecs in the flow timestamp
values, to anonymize time.  The technique preserves the relative
timing of all the records in a flow file or stream, so transaction
duration, inter-flow gaps, etc, are all still there.

Would this have worked for your situation?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com