playing with rastrip

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Nov 5 19:19:33 EST 2002

Hey Russell,
  Thanks, good to see that it helps.

  The -z option doesn't take an argument like the -Z option does,
so it assumes that the -zb is -z and -b, the -b being dump the
filter expression pseudo-code.  You should use just -z.
I'm not sure how I could make it so that -zb is tolerated.

  I'm working on a Huffman encoded compression strategy that
could really bring the numbers down, but it means creating a
whole new set of Data Specific Records (DSR) types, so it may
take a while.  The idea is to build a Huffman Code for, say,
the IP Addresses in a file, put the code in the front, and then
replace the addresses.  Since the flow descriptor is upto 50%
of the record, we can really save a lot of space, here.

What do you think?

Carter