playing with rastrip

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 5 16:30:50 EST 2002

Hi All,  Finally getting to have a play with the new clients.  I have
been playing with rastrip and working out just what is included by
default. rastrip.out.gz is the output from rastrip run without any
flags, when I run ra on this file with -Zb (print TCP flags) it works
fine but with nothing in the status field for tcp session (that's fine),
when I use -zb (print tcp states) I get:

rful011 at ruru:/home/argus$ bin/ra -AIncr rastrip.out.gz -zb
(000) ret      #96

I don't think this is what was intended ;-)

BTW rastrip reduced the size of the compressed argus output by around
45% and seems to have all the stuff I really want for long term
archiving.

Thanks Carter!!!

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin