argus-2.0.5.tar.gz available

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Fri May 3 13:18:18 EDT 2002

[ snip ]

Ok, I understand the pcap-int.h issue. Thanks for the detailed
explanation!

>    The INSTALL file is pretty specific about the dependencies,
> but I don't make a specific point about RedHat.  Maybe I should?

Probably a good idea; there are a lot RedHat users out there :-)

>    Hmmmm, is there a problem with putting the docs in
> /usr/share/doc?  That is the standard place, isn't it?
> Would you rather it go to /home/argus/doc, /home/argus/share/doc?

I generally like to keep distribution software separate from stuff I
build myself; it makes it easier to perform OS upgrades.

I usually expect that if I specify a prefix to configure, everything
gets installed underneath that prefix. The default prefix should be
"/usr/local". To perform a system install (such as in an RPM) I would
use a prefix of "/usr".

So yes, I would expect ${prefix}/doc or ${prefix}/share/doc.

--
Harald Koch     <chk at pobox.com>

"It takes a child to raze a village."
		-Michael T. Fry