argus-2.0.5.tar.gz available

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Fri May 3 12:04:02 EDT 2002

> If you could please take a quick spin of this on your
> particular architecture, to make sure that there aren't
> any major problems, that would very much appreciated.

(1) I don't know if this is a known problem or not:

configure fails out-of-the-box with RedHat Linux 7.2. Argus has a
dependency on pcap-int.h, which is supposed to be an internal header
file, and is not exported in the libpcap RPM that ships with RH 7.2.

I took pcap-int.h out of several C files; the only one that fails is
common/gencode.c, which appears to be an old version of a file that is
distributed with libpcap.

As an outsider, this situation confuses me, but I guess there must be a
reason for it :-)

I downloaded the libpcap-0.6.2 source tree and built against that, and
everything built fine.

(2) I ran configure --prefix=/home/argus, but "make install" installed the
documentation files in /usr/share/doc/argus-2.0. Bad installer :-)

other than that, argus is working fine on my gateway box...

--
Harald Koch     <chk at pobox.com>

"It takes a child to raze a village."
		-Michael T. Fry