Reconstituting flows

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed Mar 27 10:47:21 EST 2002

Hey Chris,
If you have two argi looking at each side of the
pipe, you will generate two argus data streams of
half-duplex flow reports.  You can merge these
half-duplex argus records back together using ragator,
just as ragator merges netflow records into the single
full-duplex flow report.  Because ragator can connect
to two argus sources in real-time, you can do the
reconstitution on the fly.   The required ragator
configuration file will take a bit of tuning, but it
is more than doable.

CMU is testing a collector that is designed to be much
better than the freebie ragator at load.  That code
is part of the commercial argus effort and may eventually
be what your looking for.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022