Commercial Argus?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Mar 25 09:53:58 EST 2002

Hey David,
   Sorry for the delayed response, I was "on the road".
CMU, along with a few other sites, has been running a
prototype of what will eventually become the commercial
version of Argus.  The audit engine should be available
for pre-release customer testing in May, and the primary
applications will be ready soon after that.

   There are significant differences between the commercial
and free audit engines, especially in the areas of stability,
performance, extendibility, error recovery and manageability,
but the overall concepts are the same.  The data format is
a bit different, and there have been a number of changes to
support better record management, compression, indexing, that
sort of thing.

   I'm still a way from having a slick CD based Window's
style product, but if anyone is interested in supporting
this effort, please feel free to contact me at anytime!!!

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com